Explorations in libraryland and things bookish.


Sunday, December 13, 2015

New Saturdays @ the South: In Transit

Seriously, two months since my last post? Good grief. Well, I'm back again. For now, it's another Saturdays @ the South link. This week's topic was transit reading, which is kind of appropriate as I'm thinking about how to transition the blog and move it forward in the coming months. I'm looking to add more content that's reading and library-related. As a start, I just signed up for Entomology of a Bookworm's Clean Your Reader 2016 Challenge! I'm super excited as I have a weakness for the BookBub freebies that end up in my inbox every so often. Plus, there's tons of classics freebies that I've got on my Kindle just begging me to read them.

It's time to read as many of these Kindle books as I can and I think it's a great way to start off the new year. Thanks to Kerry at Entomology of a Bookworm (whose reviews and notes on Shelf Awareness introduced me to her blog) for starting up this challenge and sending out the invite on her great blog. I'm also hoping to tackle a few more challenges now that required reading is no longer a part of my list, including my own personal primer on YA books. This was one class I didn't take in library school and still remains a gap in my repertoire. Once I figure out a catchy hashtag and title for my self-imposed challenge, I'll be posting more about it. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment